|Need to know|
It was sad to realise that anyone should not know that karaka berries are poisonous. (East and Bays Courier, 1 April 2009)
Everyone who brings their dog to Karaka Bay needs to understand their dog could be poisoned. It is a risk they take. No signs are needed. Every Kiwi needs to know their natural environment.
In tough economic times it is possible to leach out the poison.
The karaka trees at Karaka Bay were planted by Maori as a food source for the adjacent pa, before the supermarket was built.
Published in the East and Bays Courier
6 May 2009
|< Prev||Next >|